- I love catching up with friends far and wide and sharing in their life milestones such as birthdays, engagements, weddings, births and vacations. I love a big party nearly as much as I love a Sunday afternoon picnic.
- I love exploring new places which appeals to my sense of adventure. That feeling of experiencing something for the first time is indescribable.
- I love challenging myself to experience new things, be it food, physical activities, travelling by myself.
- I love meeting new people and hearing their stories. Every person you come across is so different from the last and everyone has interesting life experiences to share.
- I love getting back to basics and enjoying the simple things, whether camping or just trying cut down on the amount of ‘stuff’ I take in my luggage.
- I love the unpredictableness of everyday – who knows what adventures may unfold? Even the best laid plans can go pear-shaped quickly and it’s about making lemonade from lemons.
- I love learning about new cultures through the language, people, places and activities. Everything is so different and yet so similar.
- I love escaping from my everyday life to reflect, refresh and then return. Even a quick day trip up the coast can achieve the same recharge as a longer trip overseas. It’s about being in the moment, wherever I am.
- I love photography and the world is my oyster when it comes to new images to capture. Having said that I also have a million sunset shots from my bedroom balcony that I never seem to get sick of taking photos of.
- I love planning and preparing for a trip. The researching, the saving, the plotting and the communicating with friends in the lead up to a big trip gets my travel juices flowing. If only I could bottle the feeling!
Why do you love to travel? I’d love to hear from you.
If you would like to hear more from The Networked Traveller, follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.